Demin Days

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wall of Fame

Down the hall, in my grandma's house is a wall of family pictures. And from the time I was a little girl I always loved looking at those pictures. 

*I'm the little blond pigtail girl in the bottom left :)

I always thought it was so neat that my grandma had all of those pictures. Someday I wanted to have my own wall of family pictures. That someday finally happened this summer!

 *Please don't look at all the mess. This was when we still had no couches and everything was in the living room, including our bed.... but that's a blog of it's own!

Over time I started making copies of family pictures and finding various (cheap) wooden frames for all the pictures. Then I worked on arranging them so they all fit just right. Danny had the great idea of incorporating our Mayberry picture sign in. So using with that idea, I placed pictures of us with both our families in the middle. Then on the left, I have pictures from Danny's side of the family. And my side of the family is on the right.


After the pictures were arranged just like I liked them, Danny helped me square off the section of the wall so everything would be level and even! We did it with yarn...he's so smart!! My way would have been 10 times more complicated to level.


Tada!! Here it is!


I've still got some work to do on it. As you can see I still need to put in some more pictures from my family. And I want to put a light in the hallway so you can see the pictures better. But overall, I love it! It's one of my favorite things in the house... well among many others ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment