Demin Days

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Easy as 1,2,3

About 2 weeks ago, Eggita, our hen, laid her first egg. And just about every day between 3 and 4 we get a nice little treat from her. So here's the fun that come from having a hen that lays eggs: 

 1st you get to collect the eggs. (She laid 2 eggs one day...that was a neat surprise!)

 2nd you store them in the fridge (washing them off is always a good idea too)

3rd You get to eat and enjoy a healthy, cheap meal! (The orange juice and bacon came from the store... we're not that ALL-natural yet. -But I did get bacon without nitrites, so there you go!)


P.S. I was worried about how the greasiness of the food would effect my stomach, but I had small portions and the baby liked it just fine! I've also noticed that since I get to sleep later(cough 7:30) on Saturdays, nausea doesn't hit me as strong on those days.

2 comments:

  1. Love fresh eggs :) Where did you get the bacon without nitrites??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. I really want a hen...see if you can work your magic and convince Elina :)

    ReplyDelete