Demin Days

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Livin On Love

With a kitchen under construction and our pockets empty, our first few meals were something you might see in a college dorm. Our kitchen at the time consisted of this ratty old table Danny found on the side of the road ha, a new sink, a hand-me-down microwave, and my grandma's old electric skillet (that we still hadn't picked up from her yet). -Oh and no fridge for the first couple of weeks.

So our first dinner in our first house was this CHEAP microwave dinner (b/c that's all was could cook with), fresh plums I bought from the side of the road, Gatorade, crackers, and a cheap candle to give the "candle lit" feeling. :)
Danny ate it all happily, telling me that tiny little portion filled him up -what love :).

1 comment:

  1. You two are so great. Such a fantastic couple. There's a phrase that people use in Argentina when people are in love and totally committed, and I always say this to Daniel. "With you ... bread and water." Meaning that "as long as I'm with you, bread and water will do". And you guys are such an example of that.

    ReplyDelete