Demin Days

Friday, July 5, 2013

So Fresh and So Clean

Our laundry room wasn't in bad shape, but we were wanting to close it off so we wouldn't have to hear a spaceship take off each time we needed to do laundry. We also figured this would be a good time to put in a new, working back door, the current one -which was the original- was nailed shut. And I figured this would also be a great opportunity to redecorate the laundry room. Make some use out of the ideas I've pinned!

So we got to work, Danny installed both doors and added a shelf next to the cabinets. I installed the back door knobs and my dad put in the glass knobs on the other door. Then I made the room look cute!

Here's the door that now closes off the laundry room from the kitchen. This will also hide unfinished laundry when company comes over...but who does that?! Not this awesome housewife. 0;)

I'm not gonna lie, I got this idea from Pinterest. And Yes, I do know that the washing board goes up and down, however, I thought it looked better across. :) So that's how I put it!

We hung the cabinet a few years ago, but just added the shelves to have more space.

My homemade laundry soap! We're loving it! -Don't try the liquid kind. Same ingredients, it would just separate and didn't clean our clothes as well as this kind does.

Here's somewhat of a view of our new back door. Look how bright it makes this room!! Love that window!

I think this room turned out great! I smile every time I go in this room. Which is a good thing because I've done more laundry since I've had Caleb that I ever have my whole life... or so it seems! 


And here are some of Caleb's cloth diapers freshly washed!



And just for kicks and giggles, this is what the laundry room looked like before we got a hold of it:

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your laundry room. After the kitchen, I think it's my favorite. It might be a tie. You guys have done such a fantastic job. It's seriously not the same house I walked through. I especially love the bright and colorful diapers hanging in the sun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! Well you're just gonna have to come down here and see our house more finished... And bring your sweet LO with you for Caleb to meet!!
    I think y'all's house is pretty awesome too! So when y'all get tired of Ohio and we get tired of Texas we should switch houses!! ;)

    ReplyDelete