Demin Days

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

From Our Front Porch Looking In

 
 We finally made it to redoing the front porch. One of the areas Danny looked forward to the most. He thought about it and talked about it forever. Something about the uneven waffer board Danny didn't like. I dunno why, but being the good wife that I am I agreed to redo the porch. Even if that meant the fake bricks had to go. Bummer!

So here lies the remains of our deck. R.I.P.
Danny got excited when he finally decided what weekend he was going to fix the porch. He gutted most of the porch and built the main beams that would be needed that weekend. He did this on Tuesday. That left us without a porch for 4 days.
Here's the maze we got to hop through during that week.

I sprained my ankle one night, showing off, trying to be an arcobat. Still hurts when I move it certain ways. And it's been a month and a half!

(Um Jessica, next time you're in town if you want to take a look at it. I'll buy you ice cream :). )

This job required more help than I could provide. I'm thankful we had more suitable helping hands. I sat in the yard with my mother-in-law while we talked, watched them put the porch together, and I put on my make-up. It was a really beautiful day! And the guys did an awesome job.


Here's our finished porch, all ready for fall!

After a long debate on what type of wood to use, we decide to try out Trex. A board that is made out of recycled plastic (we're so green) that claims to never rot, crack or slinter. A high saler for us was that it is water-resistent and promises to never need repainting or staining. Normally I want the real thing verses fake. But this did have a lot of pros and seemed more maintance free. And yet still had the authentic wood grain look of real deal.

And now meet Scara, our friendly scarecrow, who greets our guests.

 
And here's one more look side by side at the before and after.

Well and actually a true before picture would show how we switched the door and the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment