Demin Days

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Our Attic is PINK!

Our heating bill was ridiculous last winter. So we've spent the last year "preparing for the winter," like farmers from the 1800s. Anything we've heard that keeps your electricity down, we've tried, within our budget. That leads us to our next blog . . .  Insulating the attic:


Check out that good-looking man! Here Danny is putting up those beams across the top. I don't think it has anything to do with insulating the house but it's needed to better support the house. ? - Details go over my head, I just take the pictures and try to write about it.


Ok, now that the prep work is done we can get into the insulating part. There is where my job comes into play. You take the pink bags and cut them into half. (There's a dotted cut-here line, like in school that shows you the way)

I'm not gonna lie, it takes more strength than you think. And this wasn't the sit back, read a book job that I thought it was going to be. I was constently moving, cutting, and loading this stuff into the machine. Danny even agreed that my job was more work. However, Danny knew best where all the insulation needed to go and how much was needed, and I was more likely to fall through the ceiling.

*Notice the gloves I insisted to have on. This stuff makes you itchy if you touch it. My dad told me that with our attic when I was a kid. But it was pink and fluffy, it couldn't be that bad. I now know for sure that it is. I wear gloves. End of story.

Next, you put half the package in this machine that we rented from Home Depot. The machine mixes it all around and spits it into the small tube at the bottom.

Good ol' Pink Panther shows you the instruciton on the package.

Final result: the pink fluffy stuff comes out of the tube and fills your attic up until it looks like pink snow!




No comments:

Post a Comment