Demin Days

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Our little Island

We finally added an island to our kitchen. The "original" kitchen had an island and that was one of the things we really loved. We decided when we cleaned out the kitchen that we would someday build an island back into the kitchen.
You may not be able to see this now, but this is Danny's old desk. His parents brought it by our house one day and he really didn't want it . . . I say yes to everything. Bad habit. - I'm getting better though. With Danny's help I'm learning the word "No".-  I thought it would look nice in the guest room. Danny had other plans. He came to me with the idea of turning it into an island for the kitchen. (I wish I had a picture of what the deck looked like before, bummer.) Not really convinced, he did his best to show, draw, and explain to his visual wife what it was going to look like when it was done.

Long story short-ish, he raised the deck to the same height of our other cabinets, we added on so I'd have a place for a trash can, and my amazing man added an electrical plugs for easy cooking. :) Oh and we added paneling around it to better blend where we extended the desk.


Danny wanted to put those angle things on which I wasn't really crazy about . . . until we found TX star ones. Then I was game. The Texas star makes everything better looking, doesn't it?!!
I'm all about convenience, so I made the suggestion to install a pull out drawer for the trash can. Genius! We both love it! It's our favorite feature. Thanks Lowes!

Oh, where the big (non-hanging) pots, and pie pans are all crammed, will someday be nice organized shelves. They are already marked off just haven't built them yet. :(
The island in all it's glory! :)

It's all starting to come together.

In case you were wondering, this picture has nothing to do with the island but I just really liked it and thought I'd throw it in for your viewing pleasure.

3 comments: