Demin Days

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Chim Chim Cheree


Well, out of the blue we decided to restone the fireplace. It had always been in the plans to someday do but I didn't expect it anytime soon. So it was a pleasant surprise when Danny told me to start getting ideas of what I wanted a fireplace to look like. *A special thanks to Pinterest for all the wonderful ideas!

Here's our wonderful stone guy. So talented! Not much English but we made do. I'm convinced Danny can make friends with any blue collar worker. He watched him work and found out half of his life story. I stayed in the kitchen and worked on Christmas crafts.


Here's before . . .                                                                          and here's after! What a difference, huh?!



 


One more picture with the mantle on. Danny hung the mantle himself with a tip he said he got from a conversation he had with one of my friend's on facebook. So BIG thanks to Daniel Vath for that tip bit! And while I'm at it . . . thanks to my Papa for the railroad tie from his wonderland of junk! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love it, y'all are doing a great job. I would love to see it sometime. Elizabeth Ferrier

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out great!! Especially the mantle :) Your place is really looking good! Daniel V.

    ReplyDelete