Demin Days

Sunday, December 4, 2011

What Color Would You Pick?


This was the original door, and the star window on the door was one of the things I loved about the house when Danny was looking at houses. However, like many things in our house, when we fixed "A", "B" went wrong. And thus, the door would no longer close after the frame was adjusted.

 I really wish I had taken pictures of how we had to "lock" the door for several weeks by wedging a screwdriver through the door handle to keep the door shut and "locked" while we were gone. What a sight! It was a wonder no one broke in. God was definitely watching over us those weeks!

All that to say, we got a new door . . .

. . .  and now, several months later, we (or actually I) need to paint it. It has to have some coat because we bought it on discount without primer or the base. The question is what color?  Danny's no good at this. He says this is my area. So I decided to use my resources. And with that being said . . .

What color would YOU suggest our front door be?

Red - to pull out the color in our red tin roof and match many color themes in our house
Brown - to match the outside trim and someday shutters
White - to match the siding and keep the look simple

I like things to match, so no John Deer green or bright orange. No thank you! I'm probably gonna stick with one of these basic colors. I just can't decide if I want it to POP or blend in.

Oh, and as much as I love Texas I'm NOT going to paint our door like the TX flag. I'm just saying. That would be too much!

Thanks! Your opinions are appreciated!


1 comment:

  1. A brownish grey. (charcoal grey with brown undertones) or shiny jet black. I love greys, browns and blacks together. . . they also look nice with the red roof :) I think it would also make the leaded glass pop :)

    ReplyDelete