Demin Days

Sunday, October 23, 2011

2-Stepping Through Our Kitchen Remodeling

Remodeling the kitchen has been like a country 2-step dance. The steps are simple and the music is slow but put the two together and I still end up getting off beat. We knew what we wanted to do to the kitchen (well, ha, the whole house for that matter) but throw in time and money (a lot) and it starts to get a little off beat. :) But it's all getting done and so worth the dance!
 Well if you saw the last kitchen post, you'll remember that the kitchen was completely gutted! I can happily say that took place BEFORE we got married and moved in! The next step was to put in new cabinets, a sink, & dishwasher. A shout out to both of our dad's for their skill in helping with that! And now here am I with my first, but far from the last, staining project.

 Danny's helping stain the cabinets while I get the doors.
 Ta da! Here's our humble little cooking area!
 And here, we've added some backsplash, AND my favorite part . . .  our double oven, stovetop! We saved up for 6 months to get that, and used my grandma's old electric skillet (that even SHE didn't use anymore ha) in the meantime!! Talk about having creative meals when you can only microwave and use an electric skillet. It's was like college all over ago, although I'm pretty sure I had better facilities in college. :) Even though I don't cook now as much as a good Harding wife (ha) should,  I do appreciate it very very much . . .  and so does Danny ;)


The dance isn't over yet, keep looking for more kitchen updates. Trust me it gets better! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment